If you have become a victim of medical malpractice, that is one of the most terrible events in life that can happen. Falling victim to a healthcare practitioner’s lack of professionalism and adequate medical knowledge is unfair, scary, and anxiety-provoking. Experiencing a break in proper healthcare can easily make a patient loose trust in not only that specific healthcare practitioner, but also the entire healthcare industry in general. That is why it is especially important to have a solid medical malpractice legal case to get justice you deserve.
In order to have the most-backed legal case possible, it is best to approach the litigation with an experienced and qualified medical malpractice lawyer. Research shows the following statistics when it comes to fighting for your justice in courts with or without medical malpractice lawyers:
- It is the defendants (usually healthcare professionals, in these cases) than plaintiffs (victims of medical malpractice) who are much more likely to hire attorneys to represent them (1). Therefore, if you decide to go against the healthcare practitioner who committed malpractice without an attorney, you are already at a significant disadvantage in terms of legal “power” that you have.
- A study by the Insurance Research Council found that lawsuits in which plaintiffs hired lawyers to represent them won significantly higher settlements than those who did not hire a lawyer for medical malpractice cases.
- Attorney experience in courtroom in medical malpractice litigation plays a very important role in the outcome of the case (2).
Therefore, it is important to hire an experienced, knowledgeable, highly qualified attorney for your medical malpractice lawsuit. You or your loved ones have already been through enough, why be at a loss of a possibly higher settlement for your suffering?
Of course, the next thing to do is to look for a medical malpractice attorney near you, since the attorney has to be licensed in your state or in the state where you are planning on filing your lawsuit. However, medical malpractice attorneys near you may not be the best qualified to guide your specific malpractice case. This is where Justpoint saves the day.
Here at Justpoint, we do not only provide you with an attorney for your case. We only work with the top, most respected and most experienced law firms in the country. We also match the specifics of your case to the actual specialization of an attorney who will be fighting for your justice. For example, if your baby has suffered injury at birth, then an attorney representing you will be skilled in exactly that – baby birth injuries, and not, for example, elder nursing care neglect or surgical medical malpractice. This way, you can be sure that you are in the best possible hands and that you are on your way to getting justice for the medical wrongdoings to your family and you. Contact us to find out what your medical malpractice case could be worth.
- Peeples R, Harris CT, Metzloff T. The process of managing medical malpractice cases: the role of the standard of care. Wake Forest Law Rev. 2002;37:87
- Harris CT, Peeples R, Metzloff TB. Who are those guys? An empirical examination of medical malpractice plaintiffs’ attorneys. SMU Law Rev. 2005;58:225–250